By: Sarah Dizon
Hi! My name is Sarah and this space is one to be used to share everything I know and love! So during the beginning of quarantine, there really wasn’t much to do, (duh) but one of my favorite things to do during this time was to plant shop. One of my favorite nurseries is in San Diego. You better believe I made time to visit, it really got me out of the house and I was still able to do something I loved while practicing social distancing.
There were plants I’ve been on the lookout for and some plants that because they were there, I ended up buying it. I know, I’m terrible (goes to Target to buy one thing, comes out with a shopping cart full of things). Yup, I’m that girl. Anywho, there are a couple plants that I definitely recommend if it’s your first time being a Plant Parent. I am no way an expert when it comes to all this knowledge of plants, but I do know what it takes to keep them alive and well.
- Golden Pothos: or known as the Devil’s Ivy.
- Super easy to take care of, a moderate amount of sunlight and water once a week.
- ZZ Plant: Zanzibar Gem
- Another easy plant to take care of. Little to low light is great for this plant and watering is once every other week. I feel like it’s one of those “set it and forget it” plants.
- Snake Plant: Dracaena Trifasciata
- Same as the zz, this plant is very low maintenance, low light and easy watering, once every other week is fine too. The longest I’ve gone without watering this plant was 2 ½ weeks, and it was still alive.
Well, that’s that. Hopefully this would encourage you to start thinking about becoming a plant parent! I know it seems like a lot, but it’s been trial and error for me, so far, I haven’t killed any of those I’ve listed and that is a great sign! Till next time!